Fadata Group (henceforth ‘Fadata’) is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with our obligations under data protection legislation. As of 25th May 2018, the main data protection law is the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), replacing the Data Protection Act 1998.
In this context, this Privacy Notice describes the information Fadata collects about you and how it will be used. We aim to be transparent with you when we collect your data and to use it only in ways you would reasonably expect.
This privacy notice applies to the Personal Data of consumers that is collected or used by Fadata. Fadata appreciates your visiting our website, www.fadata.eu and related communication channels, including, but not limited to, our social media pages and/or channels and blogs (together “Fadata pages”). This privacy notice applies to all Personal Data that Fadata collects when you interact with Fadata, such as when you visit our website, when you use products or services offered by Fadata, when you purchase Fadata products or services, when you subscribe to newsletters, when you contact customer support, and when you interact with Fadata as a business customer, supplier, business partner or in any other
This includes, without limitation, all online and offline collection of all types of Personal Data.
Raising queries or concerns
This Policy recognizes the new rights of individuals under GDPR and describes your choices regarding the use, access and correction of your personal information. We have a written policy outlining how Fadata will respond to data subject requests.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about data protection, please contact us at email@example.com
Changes to this privacy notice
The services that Fadata provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the services that Fadata provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. For this reason, we reserve the right to change or add to this privacy notice from time to time, and will post any material revisions on our websites.
We will post a prominent notice on our privacy notice page to notify you of any significant changes to this privacy notice and will indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated. We encourage you to check and review the latest version.
Why we ask you to share your Personal Data
We ask you to share your Personal Data with us for purposes that include, but are not limited to:
- Buying Fadata products and services
- Receiving information about Fadata products and services
- Participating in Fadata online communities, including our social media channels/pages and blogs
- Storing your preferences for future interactions and communications from Fadata
- Helping us to develop products and services and create campaigns that are designed around you, to optimize customer services and continually improve our website
- Helping us to improve products and services, and allowing Fadata to keep you informed of, or involve you in the testing of, new products and services;
- Resolving consumer and/or product and services issues
- Receiving personalized messages, content offers and advertisements that are relevant to your interests, based on the information you have shared with us, our reasonable assumptions, and on information we have collected through cookies or similar techniques regarding your use of the Fadata websites/social media/blogs.
We generally process your Personal Data only for those purposes that we have communicated with you. If we use it for other (closely related) purposes, additional data protection measures will be implemented if required by law.
Information about children
Our website is not aimed at addressing anyone under the age of 13. As such, we do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Information from a child under age 13 without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
Type of Personal Data we may collect
When you interact with Fadata, purchasing a product or interacting with Fadata via our Fadata pages, e.g. “Follow us on LinkedIn”, we may ask for or receive certain data, such as:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your telephone number
- Your social media profile
- Your gender
- Your age
- Information about the products and services you have purchased
- Your usage of and activities on our Fadata pages
- Your interests
- Other information related to your online behaviour
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites, and your settings on our Fadata pages, certain Personal Data may be shared with Fadata about your online activities and social media profiles, such as your interests, user name, photo, comments you have posted, etc.
In addition, we may collect Personal Data via cookies or similar techniques, including, but not limited to:
- Your IP address
- Your cookie ID
- Your web browser
- Your location
- The web pages you visit on our websites
- The advertisements you’ve viewed or clicked through
Different ways we collect your Personal Data
You can share your personal data with Fadata in several ways, including, but not limited to:
- Registering a purchase or service
- Your communications with Fadata. These can be product- or service-related, and may include the contents of your questions to us, or requests that you addressed to us
- Communicating with one of our Fadata Customer Care representatives by email, phone or in writing;
- Ordering a product or service
- Participating in a social media activity related to a Fadata promotion, e.g. clicking “like” or “share”
- Accessing content offers via our website
- Voluntarily participating in product testing or surveys
- Cookies placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit our websites
Fadata may search the Internet for relevant and publicly available content and use it to improve its products or services, resolve consumer issues and provide targeted marketing.
How we use information we collect
We use the information we collect only in compliance with the Fadata Data Protection Policy.
- We never sell Personal Information
means; (c) send you marketing communications, which might include content offers, surveys or training/event details, relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you.
- Use of Navigational Information:We use Navigational Information to operate and improve your experience of our website. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalised information about Fadata.
- Security of your Personal Information:We use marketing platforms and partner services (including SalesForce, HubSpot and MailChimp) that are scrupulous about the safety of the data we store with them, using a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. They secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorised access, use or disclosure. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to understand more about the security provisions of the platforms we use.
- Retention of Personal Information:We retain Personal Information that you provide us, as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information.
Sharing your Personal Data with others
We may share your Personal Data with service providers, business partners and other third parties, in accordance with applicable law.
Fadata may also disclose your data to other companies such as IT and communications service providers, testing companies, data management support partners and other parties bearing a necessary relationship for Fadata to provide its services.
When you interact with Fadata as a business customer, supplier or business partner, Fadata may disclose Personal Data available in reports and other materials provided by you and/or your company pursuant to an engagement with another business partner and/or a supplier.
If we are required by law to obtain your consent, or otherwise believe that your consent is appropriate in the circumstances, we will obtain your consent before we share your Personal Data.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process.
Legal bases for processing your personal data
With reference to GDPR bases for processing Personal Data, existing customers’ data is processed under “Contract”, “Law” and
“Legitimate Interest”. Potential customers’ data is processed under “Legitimate Interest”.
In the majority of circumstances, we will collect and process your personal information via our website or other marketing activity using the “Consent” legal processing basis.
For instance, this might relate to an occasion where we offer you content on our website based on navigational information we’ve collected about your previous interaction with our website. In addition, if you’ve downloaded a marketing content resource, such as a white paper, we may as part of our contact nurturing activities send you other content offers we
believe you may also find interesting or helpful.
As part of our marketing activities, we may also occasionally send outreach emails to prospective clients where we will notify recipients of helpful and educative content. We endeavour to use our best judgment and reasoned assumptions to provide you with content offers that are appropriate and useful to you. You can choose to opt out of these type of emails at any time.
Your Personal Rights
Once you have provided us with your Personal Data, you have reasonable access to that information so you can update, modify or, if legally possible, delete it.
You always have a choice as to whether and how you want to receive communications about our content and services. Your permission or consent is important to how we engage with you. For example, you will need to opt in to receive blog notifications from us.
To unsubscribe from our communications
If you ever want to change your contact preferences, or opt out of communications, you can do this at any time by clicking the “update my preferences” or “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email from us.
If you choose not to be contacted by us, we will stop sending you marketing communications, and we may keep your details on a ‘suppression list’ to ensure you aren’t contacted.
You may also let us know your preferences via our general email Contact us at email@example.com
“Do Not Track” Signals
Fadata takes privacy and security very seriously, and this includes the users visiting our website. Fadata utilizes cookies to help you to get the most out of Fadata’s website.
Please be aware that Fadata currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s “Do Not Track” signals. To manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time.
You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
When you participate in various social media forums you should be familiar with and understand the tools provided by those sites that allow you to make choices about how you share the Personal Data in your social media profile(s).
Also, depending on the choices you have made regarding your settings on various social media sites (and/or in combination with your settings on Fadata’s webpages), certain Personal Data may be shared with Fadata about your online activities and social media profiles, as referred to above.
We sometimes use Google Analytics to help us understand how visitors are using and engaging with our website. This again allows us to make improvements to our web services and your online experience. The Google Analytics tracking tool uses a number of cookies to collect information and report website usage statistics and does so without personally identifying individual visitors to Google or Fadata.
Fadata may gather information about your computer hardware and software that is automatically collected by the HubSpot marketing platform that Fadata uses, and by other website analysis software, such as Hotjar. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, internet service provider (ISP), the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), access times and referring website addresses. This information is used by Fadata to maintain and improve the quality of our website user experience, and for general statistics regarding the use of our website.
Linking to other websites
During your online journey across Fadata websites, you may encounter links to other websites for your convenience and information. These websites may operate independently of Fadata’s website, and may have their own privacy notices, statements or policies. We strongly suggest that you review them to understand how your Personal Data may be processed in connection with those sites, as we are not responsible for the content of non-Fadata-owned or -managed sites, or the use or privacy practices of those sites.
How we protect your personal data
We recognize and take seriously our responsibility to protect the Personal Data you entrust to Fadata from loss, misuse or unauthorized access. Fadata uses a variety of security technologies and organizational procedures to help protect your Personal Data. For example, we implement access controls, use firewalls and secure servers, and we encrypt certain types of data, such as financial information and other sensitive data.
How to contact us
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored onto your terminal equipment (computer or mobile device) when you visit certain websites. At Fadata we may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons, device fingerprints, etc. For the sake of consistency, all these techniques combined will be hereafter referred to as “cookies”.
Why are cookies used?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes:
Cookies can be required to make the website function properly. For example, without cookies it would be difficult to make a website remember that you have logged in, or which products you have put in your shopping cart. These are called “required cookies”.
Cookies can also be used to analyse how a website is used, to count the number of visitors, to learn how the website may be improved. We do not link the website usage statistics and other reports to individual people. These cookies are called “analytics cookies”.
“Social media cookies” are used to enable integration of social media into the website, so that you can immediately like or share a page or product on your favourite social media service.
How to manage or disable cookies in your browser
As mentioned previously, Fadata does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s “Do Not Track” signals. You may manage your cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. If you simply disable all cookies or all of our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections or features of our website(s) will not work, because your browser may prevent us from setting functionally required cookies.
You may find further information on how to disable cookies or manage your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following list:
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
- Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies
- Safari: http://help.apple.com/safari/mac/8.0/#/sfri11471